The Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central 2023 Release Wave 1 Plan has arrived! Below is a quick summary of the plan, but you can get all the details
What is Business Central?
What's New in Business Central for 2023?
2023 release wave 1 improves support for managing multiple companies, including improvements to the intercompany features. This release reduces the time it takes to onboard customers by creating seamless onboarding experiences that are supported by quality content from Microsoft and its partners. The new release will help organizations stay compliant with various government regulations by providing features that automate regulatory tasks, so organizations can focus on their primary business.
Usability is always a focus, and in this release, Business Central boosts efficiency when working with lists of records. You can personalize columns by adding any field from the table, use bulk actions on multiple rows, and get more comprehensive views to work faster and smarter.
Additional updates in 2023 release wave 1 include:
- Adapt faster with Microsoft Power Platform: It's easier to set up approval workflows in Business Central so that people can be more productive by automating more of their processes. Additionally, Business Central is delivering sample apps to help Power Apps makers get started faster.
- Application: In the financials area Business Central is investing in intercompany capabilities and enabling the possibility for general ledger settlement. All countries will be able to export SAF-T audit files. The supply chain capabilities in Business Central are improved with several optimizations and enhancements that let you run your inventory and warehouse processes more efficiently.
- Country and regional: More countries and regions are added to bring Business Central to more than 100 countries and regions.
- Development: Business Central has moved entirely to Visual Studio Code, where they continue to invest in areas that enhance productivity for developers. For example, Visual Studio Code Visual Designers lets consultants create simple, per-customer extensions. Developers are also getting better compiler resource management and code analyzer performance. Business Central is modernizing the permissions system to make it easier for developers to define and maintain permissions that are easy to understand.
- Governance and administration: Business Central delivers a set of additional self-service features to help administrators manage their environments.
- Legislation: This release enables support for non-deductible VAT in the W1 version, which Business Central will upgrade to country versions in upcoming minor releases.
- Onboarding: Organizations can get to productive use of the application faster thanks to improved in-app guidance and user assistance.
- Productive with Microsoft 365: Business Central is improving the efficiency of collaborative business processes in Microsoft Teams.
- Reporting and data analysis: Business Central is adding a new mode on list pages to enable users to analyze and pivot data directly in the client.
- Service and platform: Business Central is continuing to invest in the fundamentals of service, with a focus on performance, stability, resource governance, security, and compliance.
Have questions about Dynamics 365 Business Central?
by TrinSoft, LLC a