Comparing these two ERP solutions is vital for any organization and will help businesses of various sizes and industries scale to meet their business goals. JourneyTEAM ERP solution experts, Dan Brown and Ian Wheeler, presented a
Where Do I start?
JourneyTEAM’s advice in helping organizations identify where to start with this important decision, is to do an extensive process analysis. Identifying what processes are currently in motion, as well as future ones to be implemented, will identify what these tools will be used for and the desired capabilities of the ERP system. Risk factors will also be identified to avoid common pitfalls that can occur when implementing any new business technology.
What are my Microsoft Cloud ERP Choices?
How can I Be sure F&SC or BC is a fit?
Several criteria areas will help define which is going to fit your business and provide the desired benefits. These areas are:
- Number of transactions per day
- Number of Users
- Language or country supported
- Multiple legal entities
- Single solution system
- Highly complex processes
How long does it take to implement?
Again, it depends on the third-party extension tools, size of the organization and entities, and complexity of the features being added. Simple out-of-the-box implementations are much quicker but have limited options and functionality. On average the timeline can be:
- Dynamics 365 Business Central: 2-6 months
- Dynamics 365 Finance and Supply Chain: 8-12+
Users and Licenses for Dynamics 365 Business Central and Finance and Supply Chain
Work with your implementation partner, like JourneyTEAM, to get your most accurate licensing costs, as they change often. These costs are monthly, and Azure costs are additional.
- Dynamics 365 Business Central: 1-500 users, over 500 can prove difficult. It can cost anywhere between $8 and $100. Additional license fees will apply for third-party applications or extensions.
- Dynamics 365 Finance and Supply Chain: 100+ users, 20 is the minimum required license purchase. License costs for primary module, like Finance or Supply Chain are $180 per user. Additional modules are $30 per user normally.
What does Support look like?
- Dynamics 365 Business Central: Minimal staff is required and are often outsourced to a partner like JourneyTEAM. Contracts can vary based on solution size and complexity. 1-3 Super Users or Subject Matter Experts are needed. Most third-party vendors will offer support contracts.
- Dynamics 365 Finance and Supply Chain: Internal support for basic users, and an LCS (Lifecycle Services) administrator is needed. Each process needs a Super User or Subject Matter Expert. For this type of implementation, you will also need an implementation partner that will be there post go-live. This partner, like JourneyTEAM, can help with ongoing support around any additional customizations needed.
Visit JourneyTEAM's support page to learn about our customized
How to find a potential partner?
Understanding your business space, and the business goals associated with using an ERP solution, is crucial when selecting a partner for this type of implementation. When selecting a partner, look for one that has experience within your industry, with similar business size, and understands your industry's business processes. You will also want to go over timeline details to implement Dynamics Business Central or Finance and Supply Chain and their extensive differences. Understanding and communicating with your potential partner your specific solution architecture needs, such as security and critical business requirements will help both you and the potential partner in determining fit.
What is the Difference Between On-Premise and Cloud based solutions?
Both Dynamics 365 BC and F&SC are
Determining which solution is best for your business is crucial for financial and user growth. You want your people to have the information needed quickly, while also the capabilities of storing data safely and securely. Contact a solutions specialist today with any questions about the differences and benefits of