The decision has been made to purchase an AP automation solution. The aim is to gain efficiencies, insight, and control over your payables, as well as reduce costs. Now, it’s time to move forward. Now how do you determine which type of solution is right for you?
Some of the most important features include ensuring that the solution is as easy to use, implement and maintain as much as possible, and offers you the capabilities your company needs.
Here are the top issues to consider:
- Ensure that the user experience is excellent and the interface is intuitive and easy to use. User experience is crucial when it comes to overcoming resistance to change and encouraging user adoption. Mobility is also important.
- Make sure the integration is seamless. Choose a cloud-based AP automation system that is compatible with your Dynamics 365 or AX system and integrates seamlessly. Make sure that the AP automation solution has built-in APIs that are designed to connect easily with your ERP.
- Take advantage of Dynamics master data. By using the master data and business logic and rules built into Dynamics, you'll be able to keep your data centralized and consistent. This prevents duplication and reduces deployment time. Using Dynamics master data, the techincal deployment time can be reduced from taking days to only taking hours.
- You will always be able to maintain compatibility and update your solution seamlessly by implementing your solution through Microsoft Lifecycle Services (LCS). Choosing an AP automation solution which is vaildated by your Dynamics partner and Microsoft ensures that the list of requirements and standards will always be meet. Additionally, security and support are automatically provided when using LCS.
- Keep it simple and avoid customizations, if you can. Not only is it costly, but it also introduces risk and unnecessary maintenance work which can make upgrades, for both your ERP and AP solution, more complicated.
- Look for flexible pricing. Change is inevitable and it’s best to plan for it at the outset. Make sure that pricing is flexible to comfortably address changes in scope, including increased or decreased purchases, invoices, and approvers/reviewers.
Implementing a cloud-based AP automation solution is exciting – and offers so many benefits. With some thoughtful consideration and planning, you’ll be well on your way to more streamlined and productive AP operations.
What is AP Automation? We've gathered everything you need to know about Accounts Payable Automation on one page. If you're ready to learn, just click the URL below!