If your business organization is currently using
The right time to move on from Microsoft Dynamics GP?
Surely, Microsoft Dynamics GP is the best mid-market accounting software for SMEs. However, as your business grows in size and complexity, your customers believe in faster and better service, and the software that once served you well may be standing in your way. Here’s how you can say if your organization has outgrown Dynamics GP’s abilities.
Eight signs your business has outgrown Microsoft Dynamics GP
- When having more than 20 users
- Your business is working globally, in different currencies, and locations
- Extremely complex business processes
- Complex reporting requirements
- Need for industry-specific functionality that is not available in GP
- When you are looking to move to the cloud to leverage cloud ERP benefits such as agility, mobility, scalability, etc.
- Requirement of better integration with third-party software or products such as Microsoft 365.
- When you are looking for an automatic software upgrades
If Microsoft Dynamics GP is restraining your growth, it’s the right time for a more advanced solution. While overhauling your current system can seem like a scary task. Maintaining a system that is no longer keeping up with your company’s needs and demands will be so costly.
Way to the cloud: GP to Business Central
You can take steps about this in two ways:
- Implementation from scratch: In this option, the master records and open transactions are imported using import tools.
- Upgrade master records in GP first: With this option, Microsoft’s cloud migration tool is used to import master records, open transactions, and historical data to Business Central.