New updates to Microsoft Power Platform streamline development processes and provide deeper data insights.
As Microsoft continues to innovate, update, and improve their products, the company has released new capabilities to the
Watch the Tech Insider Update Video on the latest from Microsoft as of Q3 2021:
These updates enable users to do more with complex datasets, build smart, robust solutions that streamline business processes, and boost teams’ efficiency and agility. An overview of these updates are discussed below.
Power BI Updates
- Data Connectivity: Power BI datasets now have REST API Support which enable users to integrate and analyze additional data from other Microsoft tools.
- Data Preparation: The Power BI Dataflow Connector has been enhanced and can now quickly validate and save data flows.
- Data Model: Power BI’s data modeling tools were equipped with new capabilities, including DirectQuery Support for Dataflows and ‘New Model’ view (now GA).
- Reporting: Users now have access to a paginated report visual. Additionally, the ‘Small Multiples’ view is now generally available.
Power Apps Updates
Please note the following updates are available in public preview:
- Natural Language Programming for Writing Power Fx Workflows: Power Fx is the most commonly used programming language for developing Canvas Apps. While the language is relatively straightforward, the syntax can become confusing and force developers to seek outside help.
To remedy this, Microsoft now allows users to use natural language, meaning users simply type out a desired action and Microsoft returns a number of suggested code. Users select the code they want and enter it into the app’s function field.
- Model-Driven App Designer Updates: Developers who are building model-driven apps within Power BI can now make updates and changes and view them from a single window. This eliminates the need to navigate between multiple windows as all changes are viewed in real-time. Additionally, this accelerates the development process and reduces the time to market.
Read the full article here:
Enjoy Personalized Support from a Microsoft Gold Partner
Business teams looking to leverage the full power of Power BI, Power Apps, and Power Automate may become overwhelmed with the number of new features and tools that are currently available or in the works. To help teams successfully navigate new changes and get the most from the Power Platform, there’s JourneyTEAM’s Sherpa Program.
To learn more about our nine-week program taught by top industry experts, contact a JourneyTEAM representative.
- Contact a JourneyTEAM expert.
- Get the right technology plan, implementation, training, and ongoing support for your organization.
- Enjoy as you lead your organization to new levels of scalability & success!
Jenn Alba - Marketing Manager - 801.438.2312
JourneyTEAM is an award-winning consulting firm with proven technology and measurable results. They take Microsoft products; Dynamics 365, SharePoint intranet, Office 365, Azure, CRM, GP, NAV, SL, AX, and modify them to work for you. The team has expert-level, Microsoft Gold certified consultants that dive deep into the dynamics of your organization and solve complex issues. They have solutions for sales, marketing, productivity, collaboration, analytics, accounting, security, and more. [email protected]