Personalization and Customization
Customer expectations are changing. Personalization is now the name of the game. Customers love it when we give them the opportunity to configure or build the specification of the product need and unique to them.
If your company operates in an environment that focuses on making products that are personalized and unique then you will have felt the challenges of creating products that meet all your customer’s specifications and requirements.
Most businesses use legacy systems and processes, or third-party applications separate from their current ERP to take care of the product configurator process. But this process has many challenges:
- The forecasting capabilities of legacy systems are low.
- Manual record-keeping takes time and limits the number of options that you can provide to your customers.
- Using a third-party configurator will create a dependency on that product and will in turn add additional costs to your final product.
In this increasingly fast-paced world, such delays may mean the difference between success and failure. Therefore, the need for a product configurator becomes paramount.
Benefits of a good product configurator
A good product configurator software offers a wide variety of benefits to manufacturers, eCommerce retailers, and product trading companies. Some of the benefits are mentioned below:
It helps to optimize production: Creating unique, personalized products takes a lot of time and effort, but with a good product configurator add-on the production process is streamlined and optimized ensuring that there are limited organizational complications.
It reduces the risk of human error: The product configurator also helps to reduce human error by keeping an accurate track of all the product specifications and requirements.
Quick and easy to use: The product configurator is also very quick and easy to use enabling users to create accurate sales orders with all the requirements given by the end consumer.
Enables a catalog of potential combinations: The product configurator also enables the users to provide their customers with several different customizations they can choose from. It reduces the complexity of creating these different combinations manually saving time and money.
Reduces the time between order and production: By eliminating the manual need to create Sales Orders the product configurator reduces the time taken to complete the order without sacrificing quality.
Why choose Korcomptenz for your Configuration needs?
- To help users of Dynamics NAV and Dynamics 365 Business Central break free from their reliance on third-party product configurators with one that is in-built to work within the Dynamics NAV & BC environment.
- To help gain competitive advantage by allowing users to provide their customers with a variety of options regarding the size, color, and texture of their product empowering them to create a product that is truly their own.
- Additionally, all data regarding the Sales Order reference number, date of order, and more are carefully tracked within the Dynamics environment allowing users to use the existing data to better forecast future demand and keep track of current demand in real-time.
What can our Product Configurator Add-On do for you?
Some of the features of our Product Configurator Solution are as follows:
- Allows users to create Sales and Purchase Orders with the click of the button.
- Maintains a record of all orders created.
- Allows your customers to choose the features of the product which they prefer for example choose color, size, texture, raw materials, and more for a product
- Additional charges for the raw materials used can be easily added to the final quote.
- Create BOM and Production Order based on the selection and the user can process the orders without any manual interference.
- Auto Generate Production BOM & Routings
- Dashboard to review all details of an order such as parent, child items and their related quantities, their raw materials, charges, etc before its creation.
We also have a