Protecting your mobile devices from malware is imperative
But what is malware?
Fortunately, there are many ways service technicians and organizations can protect themselves from mobile malware.
- Keep device operating systems up to date - Users must constantly update their operating systems. Without updating your operating systems, your device is vulnerable to potential malware.
- Educate and train employees - The best way to protect employees against malware is by educating and training them. Once employees understand the threats that exist, they can also learn how to protect themselves against it.
- Install anti-malware on mobile devices - There is anti-malware software that field technicians can install on their mobile devices to protect themselves against malware threats.
- Install apps from reliable sources - When installing apps, downloading them from a reliable source lowers the chances of your mobile device getting infected by malware.
- Consider using private networks, such as a VPN - At times using unsecured Wi-Fi networks opens the possibility of data breach. Using secure Wi-Fi networks, such as VPN’s enables users to use reliable Wi-Fi networks.
Learn more at
Written by John Macdonald, Group CSO and Regional President North America, ExpandIT