As GP users, we all love and rely on SmartLists for quick queries, as well as for more detailed analytics. Did you know that the new Business Central ERP doesn’t have SmartLists, oh they must be so jealous, though we do hear that requests have been suggested for Microsoft to incorporate SmartList views and functions into Business Central in the future. Learn more
Older updates to SmartLists worth reviewing:
1. The ability to create SmartList Favourites. Handy for saving your analysis and frequent SmartLists.
2. The ability to enter a password to protect any shared SmartList Favorites. Helps to keep others from changing or 'breaking' your queries.
3. The ability to export and/or import SmartLists as a personal back-up or as a means to share SmartLists manually with others.
New in Dynamics GP 18.3 (GP 2021) Smart Lists.
The following image shows two additional 2021 features:
1. In the GP 18.3 update there are two NEW user-defined fields for Payables Transaction Entry. These two fields can be renamed and added to your SmartLists. Once in a SmartList they can also be sorted and filtered as per other columns.
2. Also new in Dynamics GP 18.3 is the ability to bulk-select multiple columns within the SmartList display settings to remove or move multiple columns at once
Want to learn more? The above SmartList updates are included in our recording of last month’s webinar on What’s New in Dynamics GP 18.3 for 2021. Recording at https://www.gpsupportnorth.com/gp/the-new-gp/
GP Support NorthScott Jorgens, GP Support NorthERP Software Blog profileAbout GP Support North - www.gpsupportnorth.com/about-us/GP Support Northis a large team of GP consultants at Endeavour Solutions, dedicated to supporting clients using Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) ERP. We are your safe-haven for long-term GP support and consulting services. We will not force you to change platforms, but if and when you are ready, we can help migrate you to the cloud.We love Dynamics GP (Great Plains) and have more than 550 active clients across North America predominately in the USA and Canada. Over the years, our team has been named multiple times to the Microsoft President’s Club – The top 5% of Microsoft Partners Worldwide.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.