Like every business today, wine distributors must provide a seamless, omnichannel customer experience to stand out. It may seem hard to achieve, especially in an industry with razor thin margins.
As a wine distributor, perhaps B2B eCommerce isn't something you think you need. But Dynamicweb is much more than an online shopping cart. It unlocks all the tools you need to help grow new, sustainable revenue channels and create a more targeted, personalized customer experience across channels.
A Real-World Example
Let’s walk through an example of how
We’ll assume you already built an awesome site with
For this example, Joe is your customer, Lisa is Joe’s sales rep, Dave is your marketing lead, and Kim is your sales manager.
1. Joe visits your website at 11pm on Monday
Joe is a buyer for several restaurant locations in one of your regions and is working late so he can’t call your office. Instead, he visits your site and is super impressed. He starts exploring and in just minutes is able to:
- Filter by brand and price to see what’s new (he loves all the vibrant pictures and details)
- Gets instant recommendation for brands and blends to try based on his search history
- Creates 3 carts for each of his locations
- Adds several items to his carts and makes a note to call in the morning
Next month, Joe visits your website, he is greeted by a homepage customized to his favorite products and purchase history. He is also pleased to see he can easily re-order last month’s shipments and even set up recurring orders and payments for common restocking needs.
2. Lisa is notified instantly of a new lead
At 8:00am on Tuesday morning, Lisa gets alerted of a new lead and sees that Joe registered on the site and added items in his carts. She sees one of the brands has a great promotion running on a new blend not in his cart. She calls Joe right away and within minutes, in one system, she:
- Views his carts
- Upsells 3 cases of the promo wine
- Processes the order
- Updates Joe’s contact record
- Creates a reminder to call him about the new location he said was opening next month
- Follows his company on social media and likes a few posts
* Joe instantly receives an order acknowledgement with a link to pay electronically, which is then processed and posted in 365WineTrade. Once his product is scheduled for delivery, he will automatically receive an email and text with the delivery date and time.
3. Here’s what Dave, the marketer, is NOT doing
As the marketing lead, Dave appreciates the time he has to work on strategic marketing plans because the system automatically did all this for him…
- Added Joe to the email and direct mail marketing lists
- Put Joe into an automated workflow for 3 campaigns:
- New customer welcome email
- Company newsletter
- Brand-specific text promotions
- Updated his contact record in 365WineTrade and Dynamicweb with insight into his browsing history, order history, brand preferences and more
What Dave IS doing is using his
4. Kim tracks performance in Power BI
As sales manager, Kim likes to keep her sales team motivated. During the sales meeting, she pulls up her
Customer Engagement Really Can Be This Easy
This is just a very basic example of the marketing insight and automations you get with 365WineTrade and Dynamicweb. As you can see, this is far more than ERP with an eCommerce solution. We empower you with an all-in-one, integrated, cloud-based customer engagement platform built to deliver the personalized experience everyone wants and deserves.
Want to see it in action?
Written by Cady Jackson with Western Computer, in collaboration with Dynamicweb.