If you are familiar at all with our
Now, Insight Works is taking this intuitive approach up a notch with the announcement of a new feature for DocXtender…one which enables users to store documents in SharePoint. Why is this such a big deal? For starters, our original version of DocXtender would simply store documents on the Business Central server, with users having no way to interact with these documents other than through the Business Central interface – with the implementation of this new protocol we have built in, DocXtender allows users to configure a SharePoint directory in which documents will be stored.
Additionally, when Business Central users drag-and-drop a document within a Business Central page, the document will now save to the SharePoint directory, enabling users to access the document from the Business Central record or directly in SharePoint.
Making the deal even sweeter is the fact that
The Nitty Gritty About DocXtender
Some of the key benefits of using DocXtender include:
- Significant time savings through the elimination of file searches (files are stored with your Dynamics 365 Business Central record so you, and others, always know where they are).
- Eradication of lost documents, as attaching your documents to Dynamics 365 Business Central pages make them available when needed.
- Avoidance of fires and floods causing destruction to paper documents, as everything is stored digitally.
- Reduction of carbon footprint by the elimination of paper documents management.
- NEW: Support for SharePoint, allowing you to choose a SharePoint folder in which to store documents dragged to Business Central.
A Little About SharePoint
Why Insight Works?
In a world that’s becoming increasingly complex – in more ways than just one – modern organizations need an entity in their corner that can serve their every operational productivity improvement need. And Insight Works is just that entity, offering a multitude of add-ons for Microsoft Dynamics business systems.
DocXtender is a prime example of how we’re constantly pushing the envelope for our treasured customer base and re-confirming our business philosophy: To provide value to clients at every stage of the implementation process.