The great thing about Microsoft is that it is always investing in the future, developing better ways to help you streamline your processes, make better decisions, and grow your business. And the great thing about
What to expect
The Dynamics 365 BC update, called 2020 release wave 1, includes a variety of new features. The overall theme focuses on faster, smoother, more accurate data entry, and improved operations. Here’s a brief rundown of what you will find in the update:
Some of the features that contribute to improved usability allow users to:
- Search for features in the role explorer
- Enable non-interactive printing
- Import profiles and UI customizations
- Show parts that may be hidden on pages
- Access related records from list pages
- Improve pages that have multiple parts
- Bookmark reports
- Categorize data
- Enter data more efficiently
- Filter data and create alternate views
Upgraded application features allow users to:
- Use resources in purchase documents
- Send correct documents to selected contacts
- Allow for over-receipt on purchase orders
- Undo shipment or receipt lines for non-items
Improved tools for administrators and partners
Better tools allow admins and partners to:
- Integrate with a standard data service
- Manage permissions with more in-depth insight
- Sync users with the Microsoft 365 administration center
- View data sizes per table
- Cancel sessions
- Utilize AL interface objects
Our top four
We’d like to point out the four features we are most excited about:
1. Print directly to a specified printer.
Documents, reports, and orders can now be sent directly to a specified printer from
2. Over-receipts on purchase orders.
If a vendor sends more items than were ordered, rather than asking that the surplus be returned, the vendor might agree to the oversupply. Previously, there was no place in your inventory to log this oversupply.
Now Dynamics365 BC purchase orders have been updated with fields, codes, and allowable tolerance percentages for over-receipt of stock.
3. The added ‘show more’ feature on lists.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 BC makes it easier to navigate and find what you need, with the new ‘show more’ feature on lists. Related items or fields can be opened directly from the list you’re working in. For instance, you can jump from the sales invoice list to the customer data card.
4. Improved bank reconciliations
Bank reconciliations have been made more efficient by improvements to the screens and the layout. The new look makes it easier to view additional information about transactions and compare entries on one screen.
Read Microsoft’s official overview of
As a Microsoft Gold-certified partner, we at BroadPoint understand that when it comes to new software releases, ease of use and education are essential to high user adoption and increased productivity. We gladly offer training for your staff and ongoing support through cloud management, help desk, and other customized options.
If you’d like to discuss how Microsoft Dynamics 365 BC’s new features can enhance your business,
By BroadPoint, Inc.,