Express Information Systems has been a Microsoft Gold Partner for 30+ years. During this time, we have heard lots of rumors and stories about the future of
The FACT is... Dynamics GP is here to stay!
Starting with the release last October, all new versions of Dynamics GP are part of
- Microsoft is committed to 3 updates per year: tax updates in June, new features in October, and a year-end update in November/December. Additional updates will be added as needed.
- All releases will contain bug fixes.
- Microsoft is changing the version name by removing the year from the product name. Instead of being known as GP 2018 R2 or GP 2019, the October 2019 release is just Dynamics GP. Internally, Microsoft will continue to use some type of version number (like the year and the month) to keep track of the different versions of the software.
- Customers may stay current by taking at least one of the three yearly planned releases.
- The support policy is now consistent with most of the other Microsoft products.
This announcement is a big endorsement for companies who love and want to stay on Dynamics GP. Everyone now has a clear vision from Microsoft and, most importantly, a roadmap for the future as updates are scheduled through 2024.
Additionally, we can now dispel rumors that include statements like...
- “Dynamics GP being phased out by Microsoft”
- “Microsoft is going to stop supporting it”
- “Dynamics GP is becoming end of life”
- “Microsoft has terminated development”
- “Microsoft will be migrating you to Dynamics 365”
These are fictional scenarios created by our competitors to get a competitive edge. In today's digital world, it's easy to check sources. Be smart. Use technology to your advantage. In our opinion, the best resource is always the most direct, ask
If you have questions or just want to learn more about the Modern Lifecycle Policy, please
By Express Information Systems, Microsoft Dynamics GP, Dynamics 365 Business Central and Sage Intacct Partner,