In today’s world, e-Commerce stands for doing business in a more revolutionized way. It is a cost-effective method to your sell products or services online and penetrates the market in a more conventional way. E-commerce is the so-called digital disruption, which has eliminated certain unnecessary elements in the supply chain and has enabled customers to buy anytime from anywhere and at a comparatively lower price.
E-commerce has been able to change the system very swiftly. In addition, it has been giving enormous market opportunities to businesses, which convinced many other companies to move to the digital revolution. High innovative skills and e-commerce led the worldwide market into the hands of the merchants. It also made it easier for merchants to track the client and understand the buying patterns.
There is a growth in the number of online stores and it has been growing. With this growth, there is an increase in sales, but at the same time, there are also numerous challenges too, such as:
- Keeping the quality and price of goods as per competition and surviving through
- Shrinking the margins and staying profitable
- Facing problems when there is an increase in the number of orders
- Getting negative reviews and feedback due to unsatisfied customer experience
In case you are facing these issues, just having an online store is not enough. You need to buckle up with your business for the future by integrating your online store with an Enterprise resource planning (ERP) software. Many dynamics GP users have requested for top features in the year 2018, which are under development now. The dynamics GP roadmap mentioned below shows that clearly. As you may know, Dynamics GP 2013 is at the end of its life. On April 20, 2018, Microsoft ended support for Dynamics GP 2013 which means Microsoft will no longer offer any patches or bug fixes anymore. It is high time for dynamics GP eCommerce migration.
ERP software is required in e-commerce business in order to manage the overall business along with the inventory and keep a track of the revenue generated. ERP integration is suggested for any e-commerce business, we at i95Dev handle such integration. Whether the integration is between Sage ERP and Magento, or between any e-commerce system and any of the dynamic and non-dynamic ERPs, we do it all. We also intend to serve businesses, which already have an ERP, but are not integrated into the e-commerce system yet.
It is natural to have an inclination towards what you know and when you have been working with a solution such as Dynamics GP. Having said that, Microsoft’s cloud ERP - Dynamics 365 is offering for the SME market, which is driving many businesses to migrate from Dynamics GP to Dynamics 365. There are a few reasons why Dynamics GP users are migrating to Dynamics 365:
- Cost of Ownership - The cost is predictable every year. If there is no addition of users repeatedly, then the costs with SaaS remains consistent every year. You need not have an in house IT staff to manage your ERP infrastructure. In addition, you need not spend on spending money on updates and upgrades. Everything happens in the backend seamlessly to keep your platform and data uninterrupted.
- Extended Features - Many features are not available on the Dynamics GP on-premise no matter which version you are on. Additionally, Dynamics GP is an old system with primitive features and architecture. This creates a serious impediment to the growth of a company relative to the competition.
- Cloud-Based - Generally, Dynamics GP users struggle with remote connectivity and slow performance issues. From a cost and efficiency perspective, moving from an on-premise system to Dynamics 365 cloud is beneficial. Your business can lower the overhead costs, get upgrades automatically and enjoy a faster performance.
Most of the companies understand these reasons but are hesitant to adapt to the integrated system. This could be due to the interruption in their business, which might cause while modifying the systems. However, after the integration, you will experience an improved operational flow in your business as Dynamics 365 is familiar to Microsoft Office tools, which you already use. It works seamlessly with Word, Excel, and Outlook, and helps you to complete common tasks from your Inbox itself. You also get all these powerful capabilities across Android, iOS and Windows platforms consistently. This makes it convenient to get things done from wherever you need to work.
Migration from GP to Dynamics 365 will transform the style of doing online business in a lot of ways. As you migrate to Dynamic 365, you will enjoy a number of benefits that will put your company at the top of its game.
Improved Control over Business
Migrating from Dynamics GP to Dynamics 365 will result in an intelligent and automated system, which will eventually eliminate the chances of errors in administering and managing the financial data. With this, you also get complete control over your financial information across the organization along with real-time updates, reports, and statements. This will also help e-commerce companies gain a highly competitive edge in the market.
Improved Customer Experience
With the integration of Dynamic 365, you can avoid frustrating user experience and will never miss revenue opportunities as information transparency plays a strong role in providing customer satisfaction. These ERP integrated systems are easy-to-use and allow you to feature the latest product information, tracking details and availability details. All of these are available on the web retail platform, which is integrated with the ERP system and elevates the user experience of a customer.
Increase in Internal Productivity
Integrated ERP and e-commerce systems play a vital role in streamlining multiple business processes. Product and pricing information can be managed accurately from one place, as a result, the speed of the workflow increases with an overall rise in productivity. This information can be accessed by the back-end team in your company and they can start with the processing of an order immediately reducing the order-fulfillment cycle time and increasing the efficiency.