Enterprise resource planning (ERP) software is critically important for small to medium-sized businesses (SMB). Since these businesses often have limited IT resources and budgets, it is imperative for them to make sure they choose the right ERP system and do not go broke in the process. Facing such obstacles, every SMB should consider Cloud ERP, which offers lower cost and complexity and more flexibility than traditional on-premises ERP.
Cloud computing is a method of deploying services, applications and/or platforms over the Internet without requiring the user to install software, maintain infrastructure or manage servers. It is usually provided as a service on a subscription basis rather than sold as a high-cost software package. Users can access cloud ERP from anywhere using supported devices, which usually includes computers and mobile devices. Updates and maintenance fees are generally built into the subscription model.
Adoption of cloud ERP has been slower than other business applications, such as CRM, perhaps because of the critical nature of ERP and some apprehension business decision makers might have regarding the cloud. Nevertheless, the number of ERP vendors offering cloud solutions is growing.
Cloud ERP offers a number of benefits, such as:
- Users can access it from anywhere as long as they have an Internet connection.
- Data is updated in real time and is consistent across all departments, making it more reliable.
- It is easily scalable since you can add or remove resources as needed.
- Cloud is very competitive so vendors are highly motivated to provide better, lower-cost service than their competitors.
- Startup costs are lower, and it is easier to switch to another vendor.
- Vendors handle deployment and maintenance requiring less IT expertise from you.
Deciding to move to the cloud is only the first step. You also need to make an informed decision about which cloud provider to choose. SMB Group has published a research report,
When you are ready evaluate your ERP options contact CAL Business Solutions. 860-495-0910 x4 or [email protected].
By CAL Business Solutions, Connecticut based Acumatica and Microsoft Dynamics GP Partner,