Sure, keeping an ERP system that still gets the job done, may seem like the path of least resistance. But, is it the wisest choice? The simple answer is no.
Think of it this way, you wouldn’t drive your car around for years, never doing routine maintenance on it, so why would you take that chance with something as important as your business management software?
While an outdated version of Dynamics GP probably won’t simply stop running like the car you see in the photo above, there are still many reasons why it’s a bad idea to keep using the software beyond the end of its life cycle.
For anyone using Dynamics GP 2013 or earlier, that time has come and gone...
Did you know, mainstream support for Dynamics GP 2013 ended on April 10, 2018?
This means if you’re still using GP 2013, you’ve now lost some of the software’s most important features.
- Tax table and year-end updates.
- Support from 3rd party software vendors. (You’ll no longer be able to update these programs to their latest versions).
- Security patches and hotfixes. (Without these, your data is at greater risk for security breaches).
- Compatibility with new servers and operating systems.
- Access to Microsoft tech support. (Your partner will likely continue to support you. But, should you have a major issue with Dynamics GP, like data corruption, Microsoft won’t be able to help them fix it).
Without these features, you may not be complying with all tax regulations and your data is vulnerable to the latest security threats. So, just like driving an old junker can make it hard to get where you want to go, delaying your Dynamics GP upgrade can make it tough to get your job done.
Don’t put your business or your productivity at risk! A Dynamics GP upgrade revives all the features you’ve lost and gives tons of time-saving new tools to boot. There’s a completely redesigned web client, which allows you to access Dynamics GP on any device. Imagine how great not being chained to your desk will feel! Plus, there’s improved workflows, document attach included across the windows you use most often and so much more.
Ready to start your Dynamics GP upgrade? Contact your Microsoft partner.
Don’t have a partner?
By: Laura Schomaker, Intelligent Technologies, Incorporated, a South Carolina Dynamics GP partner.