If it is time to replace an outdated ERP system or you are buying your first, there are probably at least one or two cloud options on your shortlist. Getting from a short list to the final vendor choice can be a difficult journey. Many ERP systems have similar features and functions, and therefore can start to run together when you compare them.
One of the differentiating factors that doesn’t always get enough attention is the vendor. Not only the software creator but also the implementation partner who will help you get the software up and running.
Before making a final purchase decision, here are key questions you should ask yourself about each ERP vendor you’re considering.
- Does the ERP vendor have experience working with companies of my size and in my industry?
- Does the ERP vendor understand my specific software requirements and my definition of success for the project?
- Is the vendor familiar with any regulations that directly affect the software implementation and use?
- What levels of support does the vendor offer? If I want on-site support, are they available to provide that?
- Is the vendor financially stable? Does it have the means to invest in continual product improvement?
- Is the ERP vendor committed to the product long-term?
- Does the vendor agree my ROI goals are achievable? Do they have a track record for meeting their clients’ ROI objectives?
- If your business takes part in multiple markets, can the ERP vendor support your foreign operations?
- Can the vendor connect my new ERP to my other business critical systems? How difficult business integration going to be?
- If mobility is one of the key features you need, can the vendor provide anytime, anywhere access to the system?
- What does the system’s roadmap look like for the next few years? What innovations are on the horizon?
- What motivated the vendor to focus on their chosen innovations?
- Is the vendor well-established, will they be there to help my business grow in the long term?
Want more information?
For more information on choosing the best ERP vendor for your business, check out this
By answering these questions, you can get a better understanding of who each vendor is, what their priorities are, and which one will be an ideal match for your business. Choosing the right ERP is a decision that will affect your business for years to come. Making sure you choose the right vendor will help put you on the path to success.
If you need an implementation partner with lots of experience and a track record for excellent customer satisfaction, look no further than Intelligent Technologies, Inc. For more than 25 years, hundreds of businesses have counted on us for expert ERP implementation and support.
Should you have any questions about choosing the right vendor or ERP system for your business, we’re here to help. Feel free to
By: Laura Schomaker, Intelligent Technologies, Inc., a South Carolina Microsoft partner