ERP selection has long-term effects on your business. Choosing the right system can be confusing when they offer many of the same competitive features. The needs of a small business are not identical to a mid-sized one, and neither would have the same needs as a large enterprise.
Moreover, choosing between on-premises and cloud ERP is a decision that can have ripples across your entire business, far beyond just the financial ramifications.
The checklist makes use of five categories to compare the features and benefits of ERP vendors:
- Productivity - You want your business to produce more of whatever product or service it provides and do so more efficiently.
- Functionality - Does the ERP system offer the features and functions you actually need for your business processes.
- Technology - Is the technology usable, customizable and maintainable in a way that suits your business?
- Value - Will you get the return on investment (ROI) you expect for an ERP system, and is the cost vs features and functions acceptable over the system's lifetime.
- Risk - What steps does the product/service provider take to minimize risk and safeguard the network and financial data?
Not all ERP systems are equal, even if they might appear to be on the surface. Choosing the right one requires you to dig deep beneath all the bells and whistles of the technology and investigate its actual value, functionality and other benefits.
Simplify your decision with this comprehensive checklist. Download it now at:
When you are ready to evaluate ERP products we can help, contact CAL Business Solutions, 860-485-0910 x4 or [email protected].
by CAL Business Solutions, www.calszone.com, Acumatica and Microsoft Dynamics GP Partner