Getting ERP purchase and implementation right is critical to your company’s success. That statement is not at all an exaggeration. Getting it wrong can truly have disastrous effects, financially and on the long-term vitality of your business. Having said that, it is both possible and quite common to successfully implement a new ERP system, if you take the proper steps to guarantee success.
The white paper: “
The steps are:
- Preliminaries – Why do you need a new ERP system? You should perform a return on investment (ROI) analysis, assemble an implementation team, outline your project strategy and carefully examine the preliminary state of your business before you begin implementation.
- Get everyone on the same page – Make sure everyone understands how ERP works and what it will do for the company. That means conducting early training, understanding the requirements and project planning.
- Choose a solution provider and implementation partner – There are many providers, but not all are designed to meet the needs of your type or size of business. Make sure they meet the functionality, ease of use and support requirements you have already determined. Create a short list, select a system, view/use demonstrations, check references, negotiate a contract and schedule an implementation.
- Implement – Using project management tools that you should have already established and possibly the help of third-party resources, begin your implementation with as little interruption and headache as possible.
- We went “live” ...now what? - Stay up-to-date, consider advanced functionality and keep your employees educated.
Replacing an ERP system does not have to be painful. It can be well-organized, efficient and very rewarding when done correctly.
To download the complete white paper with detailed instructions for each step,
When you are ready to evaluate ERP systems, CAL Business Solutions can help. Contact us at [email protected] or 860-485-0910x4.
By CAL Business Solutions, Microsoft Dynamics GP and Acumatica Partner,