8 Benefits of Approval Workflow in Dynamics GP
- Creates consistent business processes ensuring they are followed every time.
- Eliminates errors.
- Eliminates paper approvals and time spent chasing approvers for their signature.
- No need to log into GP. The approver can reject or approve quickly and easily by clicking on a link in an email which automatically updates in GP.
- Approvers can delegate other approvers if they go on vacation.
- Workflow sends reminder emails if the approver missed the email. It also escalates to another approver after a specific period of time if the request was unanswered.
- Improves visibility by allowing staff members to check the status of the item that is awaiting approval.
- Notifications are sent once approved.
Approval Processes That Are Available in GP
- General Ledger Account Addition Approval
- General Ledger Batch Approval
- Receivables Batch Approval
- Vendor Addition Approval
- Payables Batch Approval
- Payable Transaction Approval
- Purchase Requisition Approval
- Purchasing Invoice Approval
- Receiving Transaction Approval
- Expense Report Approval
- Timesheet Approval
There are so many benefits to using Approval Workflow. As part of our role as a Gold Certified Microsoft Dynamics Partner, we love offering tips & tricks and updates about Microsoft Dynamics GP.