Dynamics GP 2017 Year End Changes will include the following -
- No W2 or W3 form changes this year
- There are EFW2 changes
- The year-end update will have some product quality fixes delivered
- Affordable Care Act (ACA) is still alive and well – the required form changes will be part of the year end update
- Depreciation changes mostly around luxury auto depreciation
Remember if you are on any version of Dynamics GP 2013, mainstream support will end on April 10, 2018, after which time you will no longer receive tax and year end updates, nor will you receive any further product updates to GP 2013. Time to upgrade.
All year-end updates are scheduled to be released the week of November 20, 2017. To install the year end update, you will need to be on one of the following versions:
- GP 2013 – Must be on version 12.0.2104 or later
- GP 2015 – Must be on version 14.00.0983 or later
- GP 2016 – Any version
- GP 2018 – Any version
Microsoft does require you to install the year end update this year, as if you do not, your ACA forms will be wrong and your EFW2, electronic files will fail, along with fixed asset depreciation being incorrect.
If you do not use any of these areas, you may be able to skimp by without applying the update.
Register for our Microsoft Dynamics GP Year-End Class on December 12th at 11am or December 18th at 1pm (all times are central times)