Follow the steps below:
- Start by creating a new calculated field in report writer. In the Report Toolbox select the dropdown for Calculated Fields. Then click on New.
- Name the new calculated field Vendor Name.
- In the Result Type dropdown, select String.
- Under the Functions tab, select the User-Defined radio button. Select Purchasing for the Core dropdown. Then select RW_Get_Vendor_Name and click Add.
- Next, select the Fields tab, then select 1099s to Print Temporary File in the Resources dropdown. Select Vendor ID for the Field and click Add.
- The calculated field should look like this when you are done
7. Save the new calculated field by clicking OK.
8. The new field should now be in your fields list.
9. Now just drag and drop the field onto the 1099 Misc report and save it.
10. Be sure that the report is pointed to the modified version under Administration > Setup > System > Alternative/Modified Forms & Reports.
This article was written by Shannon Hernandez, Dynamics GP Application Consultant for