Below are the steps to set up auto charges on a sales order at the item level.
1. Under Accounts Receivable Parameters, you’ll need to check on the box that says “Fixed charges for line”
2. Create an item charge group by navigating to AR > Setup > Charges > Item charge group
3. Create a charges code by navigating to AR > Setup > Charges > Charges code
- Based on your business needs, you’ll need to configure the posting type setup. As an example below, I have left the Debit type blank so that the customer account is debited. For Credit type, I’ve selected a posting type of sales order revenue and the corresponding ledger account.
4. Assign the appropriate items to the charge group
5. Create an Auto Charge that is assigned to the charges group
6. Create a sales order with the item to see the charge at the line level
The auto charge will automatically be added to the sales order line when the item is selected on the order line.
This post was written by Laura Garcia, AX Application Consultant at