Did you enter a payment for the wrong customer? Is the payment already posted? No problem!
Steps to reassign a Customer Payment:
- Open the Reassign Customer Payment window
Sales>Utilities>Reassign Customer Payment
- Enter or lookup the Customer ID that the payment was entered for. All unapplied payments for this customer will be displayed.
- Enter the customer ID you wish to assign the payment to in the Reassign Customer field on the payment line. Leave this field blank on payment lines that don’t need to be reassigned.
- Select the Process button and answer Yes to proceeding.
- The payment(s) are now assigned to the new customer.
A common use for this tool is to enter a payment using an UNKNOWN customer ID so that the payment can be posted. When you determine which customer the payment belongs to, simply use the Reassign Customer Payment window to assign the payment to a real customer.
By Laura Schlotthauer, The Resource Group