During the early 2000’s a non-profit tourism organization was struggling to manage their business and gain a real understanding of their finances and labor costs. They knew their archaic software system needed to be replaced by a robust ERP system that would afford them all of the functionality they had been sorely needing. After researching different options, they chose
- Consistent issues with an outdated software system that didn’t offer reporting capabilities and was difficult to navigate.
- Each company had implemented a different software system or none at all, making it impossible to get an overall picture of the company.
- They had a manual inventory process, manual tills and cash registers, and no computers were networked together.
- Tax updates and PTO accrual was entered manually.
- Inability to scale their software based on needs during the busy season.
How Microsoft Dynamics GP Helped:
- Advanced reporting capabilities with Management Reporter
Thanks to Management Reporter, they were able to easily generate multiple financial reports and set up reoccurring monthly emails that automatically send out needed reports. The reports can then be easily exported into Excel files.
- Ability to manage each company through Intercompany
With Intercompany, users can seamlessly manage each individual company all within the same system. Every single dollar is accounted for in the same system and can be transferred to any or all of the other entities. This makes managing Due To’s and Due From’s simple.
- Up-to-date inventory counts and accurate POS system to track purchases
With an up-to-date inventory system, managers set up reoccurring orders based on inventory level history and had access to real-time information on daily sales.
- Automatic tax updates and system upgrades at no cost
With every new tax table release, their system was updated so no research or time-investment was needed other than simply installing the update. The manual entry was completely eliminated. When new system upgrades and features are added, they too could be installed with no additional software cost.
5. Complete scalability to adjust for high and low tourism seasons.
As a tourism-driven business, their needs change throughout the year. During the busy season, the level of staff grows over 600 percent, requiring not only an increase in accounting staff but also an increase in the capabilities needed from their ERP system. With Dynamics GP they have been able to handle each season’s increased workload without having to purchase anything additional.
Their HR department also saves hundreds of labor hours thanks to the ability to reactivate seasonal employees rather than re-entering their information. When these employees are done for the season, they’re easily inactivated until the following year.
Over ten years have passed since first implementing Microsoft Dynamics GP and their systems and processes are stronger than ever. By taking advantage of the many different modules and functionality included in the system, they have been able to streamline their processes and increase productivity. Currently, they’re utilizing:
- Financial management
- Audit trails and tracking
- Human Resources
- Management Reporter
- Greenshades Employee Portal
- Greenshades Affordable Care Act Reporting Tool
- Time Matrix
Find out how a partnership with Stoneridge Software can benefit your not-for-profit.