Today we are discussing the last sections: analysis and content creation, and ability to share findings. To check out the specifics on infrastructure, and data management read: 14 Ways Microsoft Has Business Intelligence Aced: Pt. 1. Below find the checklist that Gartner uses for their evaluation and one that your business should use in implementing Business Intelligence Software, as well. As indicated by the check marks, Microsoft's solution covers all Gartner's Business Intelligence criteria, and I offer the specifics of how Microsoft accomplishes the requirements set by Gartner.
Analysis and Content Creation
8. Embedded Advanced Analytics. Another intelligence criteria: Does your system enable users to easily access advanced analytics capabilities that are self-contained within the platform itself or available through the import and integration of externally developed models.
With Power BI Desktop, you can connect to data from many different sources: Files:
9. Analytic Dashboards. Does your business have the ability to create highly interactive dashboards and content, with visual exploration and embedded advanced and geospatial analytics, to be consumed by others?
Microsoft makes dashboard’s interactive and customizable allowing businesses to:
- see, in one glance, all the information needed to make decisions
- monitor the most-important information about their business
- ensure all colleagues are on the same page, viewing and using the same information by the functionality of sharing.
- monitor the health of a business or product or business unit or marketing campaign, etc.
- create a personalized view of a larger dashboard – and all the metrics that matter to you.
10. Interactive Visual Exploration. Does your Intelligence gathering enable the exploration of data via the manipulation of chart images, with the color, brightness, size, shape and motion of visual objects representing aspects of the dataset being analyzed. This includes an array of visualization options that go beyond those of pie, bar and line charts, to include heat and tree maps, geographic maps, scatter plots and other special-purpose visuals. These tools enable users to analyze the data by interacting directly with a visual representation of it.
It is super easy after initial set-up to drag and drop data to view reports.
11. Mobile Exploration and Authoring. In the mobile world does your solution enable you to develop and deliver content to mobile devices in a publishing and/or interactive mode, and take advantage of mobile devices' native capabilities, such as touchscreen, camera, location awareness and natural-language query?
Sharing of Findings
12. Embedding Analytic Content. Does your business intelligence include a software developer's kit with APIs and support for open standards for creating and modifying analytic content, visualizations and applications, embedding them into a business process, and/or an application or portal. These capabilities can reside outside the application (reusing the analytic infrastructure), but must be easily and seamlessly accessible from inside the application without forcing users to switch between systems. The capabilities for integrating BI and analytics with the application architecture will enable users to choose where in the business process the analytics should be embedded.
With Power BI, you can enable application developers to integrate Power BI tiles and reports from a user's power BI account by embedding an IFrame into an app, such as a mobile app or web app. The PowerBI.com service allows business users to build, and personalize charts, reports, and dashboards in their own Power BI account. The embedded tile or report capability enables you to integrate those tiles or reports into an app. Here are some of the benefits of integrating Power BI tiles or reports into an app:
- Provide user customizable data tiles or reports in an app for a small investment.
- Users can integrate data from any data source outside the application to enhance contextual understanding.
- Users can click an embedded Power BI tile or report to navigate to the Power BI dashboard.
13. Collaboration and Social BI. And finally, can your business analytics can be shared to allow for discussion, analysis, and decisions via discussion threads, chat and annotations.
With Power BI Publish to web you can easily embed interactive Power BI visualizations online, such as in blog posts, websites, through emails or social media, and all sorts of other online communications, on any device. You can also easily edit, update, refresh or un-share your published visuals.
Biggest Benefits of Microsoft's Business Intelligence
The biggest benefits of Microsoft’s Business intelligence includes the abilities to:
- Enable all employees to discover, analyze, and visualize data with secure and managed self-service BI
- Extend your on-premises data investment to the cloud
- Provide faster insights on any data while maintaining data governance and security
- With SQL Server 2016, provide mobile reports to all employees that render perfectly on any device
- Transform your data into intelligent action with the power of built-in advanced analytics
14. Self-Contained Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) and Data Storage. Does your fact-based support system or BI have Platform capabilities for accessing, integrating, transforming and loading data into a self-contained storage layer, with the ability to index data and manage data loads and refresh scheduling?
It's Incorporated into the New Dynamics AX
And best of all the new
If we can help your organization explore the value of Power BI blended within the new Dynamics AX, give Clients First Texas a call at 800-331-8382 or call our Minnesota office. Another option is to reach us by email. Clients First is a Gold Certified Dynamics Partner that specializes in implementing Dynamics AX ERP to the medium to large manufacturer and MRO across the United States.
by Clients First South Central