Dynamics AX 7.0 or AX2015, also known under the code name “Rainier,” promises to impress AX users by delivering a new platform for AX deployments including on premises, public and private clouds options. It mainly focuses on offering customers precisely what they need, exactly when they need it, simultaneously providing a better understanding of the business operations and its processes.
The product strategy followed for Microsoft Dynamics AX 7 will be mobile first - cloud first.
- Mobile first - the new enhancements ensure that the application experience, regardless of the device platform it’s accessed on, remains the same for the user.
- Cloud first - is focused on AX 7’s new optimized platform which is suitable for both public and private cloud deployments with a “what you need, when you need it” approach on Windows Azure.
Dynamics AX 7 is expected to be loaded with following key features:
1) Improved cloud access and mobility
As mobile devices begin to take the place of the traditional office tools, employees are increasingly using them to access data, offer sales quotes, check inventory and financial data and more. Dynamics AX 7 will include the enhancements to improve cloud access and mobility.
2) New browser-based interface
A browser-based interface will replace the current Windows Client making Dynamics AX capabilities available via new “work spaces,” promoting remote access across a variety of device platforms for enhanced collaboration.
3) Next generation user experience
Superior user experience will be delivered via the context-sensitive Windows 8 framework, based on the HTML5 technology.
4) Life-cycle management
Excellent life-cycle management will be offered – regardless of deployment choice from on premise, hybrid to full cloud.
Besides these, there will be other architectural enhancements that started in Dynamics AX 2012 R3 to make AX more customizable in the cloud with smoother integration.
With AX7, organizations will be able to deliver the most intuitive and simple solution for their customer interactions, employees and business by innovating and building out the functionality footprint across retail, distribution, manufacturing, services and public sectors.