Enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems have become the standard for most companies. As they have steadily evolved in the last 30 years, companies can no longer do without if they want to ensure efficient management of their operations.
Customer relationship management (CRM) software is a newer tool, but it continues to gain popularity with businesses of all sizes. According to
Until recently, these two types of systems were independent of each other, which meant that:
- Information did not flow between the different departments
- Several manual manipulations of the data were necessary to obtain relevant information
- Data was often duplicated therefore causing a considerable waste of time when searching for the exact data and comparing it with its other versions in other systems.
Even the level of integration between these systems has evolved. In the beginning, an integration just meant pushing from one to another whereas now an integration entails information being updated in real-time as the data from one side or the other has been modified. This makes both systems much more powerful since there is an actual two-sided connection so that information can be entered and updated from either system.
The issue still remains: how can you be sure that you are getting the most up-to-date information?
By integrating your Dynamics ERP and CRM systems, this ensures that everyone has access to the same data in the format that best suits their needs. Having all of this information in one place facilitates the sharing of information between departments.
Here are some other reasons why you should integrate your Microsoft Dynamics GP and Dynamics CRM systems:Increased reliability of the data
- The information is captured in one place and is automatically updated and distributed to the appropriate folders within both the ERP and CRM environments. This increases the reliability of the information because you do not manually have to update the information within the other system.
- Financial and non-financial data can be combined at any time which allows you to have a better perspective of your client’s current situation.
- You can access your customer information from anywhere with the application of your choice, giving your employees the flexibility on how they would like to review the information.
- All of your information within one database, by having all of your information in one place you have one version of the truth since everyone is analyzing their information from the same data set.
Time savings and reduced administrative costs
- No more data separated by different applications therefore reduced chances of duplicated information.
- Reduced risk of error and time spent on adjustments since data is updated simultaneously in both applications.
- Additional information readily available to help the customer service team find information faster since there is more information on the client’s previous communications, activities and purchase history.
Reports when you need them
- Information will be contextualize by client to make more informed business decisions.
- Have access to key performance indicators and dashboards with financial and client data.
- Information already co-exists therefore making it easier to pull reports when you need them.
By integrating your Dynamics GP and CRM systems, you will have a unique 360 degree view of your customers. You will be able to extrapolate all your information from one place and your departments will no longer work in silos, but together in order to help manage the daily demands and activities.
Your information will now be more reliable as there will only be one version of the information across both systems. This will help you better understand the profitability of your business, and you will be able to more easily determine the factors that may affect your organization and to implement better business processes accordingly.
Integrating your ERP and CRM systems is just one of the ways you can bring your different departments together.
Have questions about how you can integrate your Dynamics GP and CRM? Contact JOVACO at 1-888-988-3535 extension 120 or email@example.com.
By JOVACO Solutions,