Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 has added and changed several features. For instance, a new retail channel type, known as call center, has been added.
In the call center, users gain the ability to take customer orders over the phone and create sales orders. Additionally, call centers can be added to organization hierarchies, and can be managed with online and retail stores. New call centers are set up in the Retail module. However, many typical management tasks for a call center are available in the Call Center module.
20 Call Center Features in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3
- Scripts are predefined messages that call center employees can read to customers during order entry. Now, users can create scripts that appear in the sales order form at the time of order entry.
- Users can perform full-text searches for products in the sales order form.
- Users can view the calculated margin values for broker royalties and rebates in the sales order form.
- A sales order can be put on hold. On hold features include details about who put the order on hold and when. Likewise, when a hold a cleared, the order can be automatically sent for picking and shipment.
- Clerks can receive prompts when enter sales orders to up-sell or cross-sell products.
- Organizations can set up and manage continuity programs. For example, customers can receive regular product shipments on a predefined schedule.
- Sales history can be purged.
- Users can track customer cases.
- Enhanced functionality for customer service is added.
- Orders can be created from an item list. Additionally, the list can be saved for customers that frequently order products.
- Users can track the status of a direct delivery purchase order via the associated sales order.
- Precise control over pricing for call center sales orders is available.
- Enhanced payment functionality is available for call center orders.
- Installment payments can be used in sales orders.
- Users can track sales order events.
- Users can view detailed order status. Detailed order information includes payments, picking and packing, delivery, invoicing, holds, backorders, and returns.
- Users can attach notes to a customer, order, or order line.
- Letter templates can be used to generate personalized customer communications.
- Users can track customer statistics. For instance, data includes the date of a customer’s first order, the date of their last order, the total amount that has been invoiced, and the total returns.
- Organizations can set up an expedited shipping mode that can be applied to a sales order or a sales order line.
Have a Microsoft Dynamics AX question? Sikich is a Microsoft Dynamics Inner Circle Partner with a team of more than 200 senior ERP and CRM consultants. Visit our
By Sikich, Microsoft Dynamics Partner,