The software giant invests enormous amounts of time and money on refining and perfecting its business solutions, and commits to delivering them on a frequent, 6-month basis. Consequently, Dynamics GP users are never far from the leading, cutting-edge functionality in ERP.
If you’ve recently purchased Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013, you may be wondering if you even need to upgrade. Upgrading to the latest version is not a requirement. Your current version will continue to run and be supported. However, you will be missing out on functional and system-wide enhancements that add significant value to the software. Necessity is the mother of invention, and Microsoft does a great job at listening to the needs of its customers. You can bet that any enhancements included in GP 2013 R2 will bring some real benefits.
Here are a few key enhancements included in Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 R2:
- Microsoft Azure backups: easily backup your GP database directly to Windows Azure storage (cloud) for disaster recovery.
- Improved User Interface (UI) with ribbons and updated font.
- Combine requisitions to a single Purchase Order.
- Four new approval workflows: Purchase Order, Requisition, Project Time, and Time & Attendance.
- Email approval.
- Simplified web client login. Reduce identity maintenance between Apps.
- New Web Client functionality: Self-Service Homepage, Time & Attendance, Project Time, Requisitions, Workflow, Identity Management.
- SmartList Designer functionality: create GoTo Forms, Navigation Lists, SmartLists and Web Pages from a single SmartList record.
- Print and email in one step.
- Send, print, and modify reports using Microsoft Word.
- Scan documents directly to Doc Attach from the scanner.
- Render reports from Transaction windows. Personalize SSRS reports based on your BI needs.
- SSRS Reports that display Encumbrance data.
- Replace Business Portal with employee self-service functionality with GP Web Client.
- Reverse your Fiscal Year: the ability to reverse the GL Year End Close process.
- Multicurrency revaluation now linked with Analytical Accounting. AA amounts can be updated in conjunction with the standard revaluation process.
- Copy/Paste from Excel to the General Ledger.
- Reprint outstanding transactions report from Bank Reconciliation.
- Create default Sort Orders for Payables Checks.
- Suggested Item functionality: sales script for each item; Analyze option for suggested quantities; new fields.
- Assign an item to multiple sites.
- Prepayments integrated with Analytical Accounting, Multidimensional Analysis, Cash Flow Management, and Project Accounting.
- Microsoft Dynamics GP Workspace: easily create and share executive dashboards. Seamlessly click through GP client for rich data.
- Business Analyzer R6: Supports Excel content (Business Analyzer R7 coming soon).
- Procurement: Self Service user App, request items, tightly integrates with GP (coming soon).
- Time Management: Self-Service user App, Enter Time Off, Cross Platform (coming soon).
Upgrading your Microsoft Dynamics GP solution to the latest version ensures you are getting the most value from your system. By doing so, you get to take advantage of the most current features and integration capabilities, as well as run on the most stable, refined version of the software code.
For a high level estimate of your investment in Microsoft Dynamics GP, get a free
By Turnkey Technologies, Inc. - Missouri, Illinois, and Kentucky Microsoft Gold Dynamics GP and Gold Dynamics CRM Partner.