We’re excited for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 release. The release is all about providing amazing customer experiences. Therefore, Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 focuses on innovation and business value to customers, including warehouse management, e-procurement features, and budget planning.
Warehouse Management improvements include:
- 360-degree inventory visibility, real-time cycle counting and replenishment.
- Real-time transaction processing through mobile devices, including receiving, putting away, picking, staging, and loading.
- Rate, route, and load planning. For instance, gain the tools for inbound and outbound planning, order consolidation, routing guides, constraints-based routing, load build capacity calculations, multi-mode planning, and methods to select a rate for loads based on the carrier’s rate profile.
E-procurement features include:
- Improved management of Request for Quote (RFQ), Request for Proposal (RFP), and Request for Information (RFI).
- New evaluation of criteria and information for better decision making.
Budget Planning features include:
- Capabilities to make budget allocation according to changing market conditions possible.
- Control-by-default functionality based on individual budgets.
- The ability to asses various budgeting scenarios.
Overall, the upcoming Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 will open opportunities to improve real-time visibility and customer value. During Microsoft Convergence 2014 in Atlanta, GA, Microsoft Dynamics AX MVPs, including Sikich’s own