Attention Microsoft Dynamics SL users! It was recently announced the Microsoft Dynamics SL Fed9 - Additional Medicare Taxes for Earnings over Government Specified Limits calculates incorrectly.
If you faced this issue, visit
To change the Dynamics SL Fed9 setup, follow these steps:
1. Open Deduction Maintenance (02.290.00).
2. In Deduction ID, type Fed9.
3. Change the Min Ytd. subject base and Max Ytd. subject base both to 0.00
4. On the Exemptions/Credits tab on an empty line, Press F4 to switch to form view.
5. Set up a new exemption.
Marital Status= All Statuses
Type Exemption= Exemption
Exemption/Credit ID = Fed6
Description= Fed6 subjwages
Base Type = Deduction Amount
Base Deduction ID = Fed6
Calculation Method= Fixed Percent
Fixed Pct/Rate/Amt= 6896.5517
Annual Maximum = 200000
Maximum calculation = As Calculated
Reduce reported wages box is selected
6. Click Save.
7. Set up any pretax exemptions for Fed9 the same as you have set up for fed 6 such as for 401k or insurance.
Note: Fixed % of 6896.5517 is calculated as 1/0.0145 = 68.96551724 converted to a % = 6896.5517 to back into the Fed6 sub wages.
Still having issues or need support for Dynamics SL? SBS Group provides Dynamics SL consulting, implementation, training and support to businesses across the United States. Contact us today by emailing [email protected] or contact SBS Group here: