In the previous blog for our Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 Enhancements Blog Series we discussed the new General Ledger enhancements. For this installment, we are going to continue discussing financial enhancements, but with a focus on Payables and Receivables Management. These new features will allow you to work more accurately and effectively when managing your cash flow.
- Edit Payables Information- With this feature, you can change the remit to address ID on existing transactions. This allows you to edit the payables transaction rather than voiding it and starting over for one incorrectly-entered address.
- Reprint remittance forms and check stubs- You can reprint remittance forms and check stubs for posted check payments entered. Since you must keep a transaction history of all the vendors you will be re-creating, these reports will contain all of the details from the original document if the original was printed, the payment wasn’t voided, or if the history wasn’t deleted.
- Voiding reconciled payments- A field has been added to the Void Historical Payables Transaction window and the Void Open Payables Transaction window that indicates if payment has been reconciled in Bank Reconciliation.
- Voiding check enhancements- When you have credit memos applied to an invoice and want to void a payment that is applied to that same invoice, the credit memo or return is automatically unapplied from the invoice and can be reapplied as needed.
- Define labels for user-defined fields in Customer Address Maintenance- The labels for the user-defined fields that appear in the Customer Address Maintenance window can now be defined so that users know what information to track in those fields.
- Applying unposted multicurrency cash receipts- You can now apply unposted cash receipts to transactions in the same currency as the cash receipt.
- View Checkbook ID- You can view the checkbook ID that a cash receipt was posted to by using the Cash Receipts Inquiry Zoom window.
- Combine or modify customer ID’s- If you want to combine or modify customer ID’s, you can import data without having to manually enter the information by using the Customer Combiner and Modifier window.
These features allow you to work conveniently and deliver smooth and accurate information without having to go through the trouble of restarting your process. With Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013, you can access more information faster and in fewer steps.
If you have any questions or if you would like to learn more, please contact us today at 636-237-2280 or email us at email@example.com.
For a high level estimate of your investment in Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013, please use our