Cloud computing is a term that has redefined the way business is done in the recent past. It has brought a sigh of relief especially to businesses that were not able to leverage their investment with IT due to the exorbitant infrastructure acquisition costs. The cloud has definitely streamlined business processes in a cost effective manner with great flexibility
Customers/users are looking for instant gratification at the lowest price without compromising on value. This affects the way the whole business is carried out right from procurement, production, customer relationship, through to human resource management. Enterprise Resource Planning software has been a great breakthrough in integrating all these departments within an organization. However, this is not enough. To be able to compete in the current business environment, you should try to shed unnecessary costs and be able to capture new business opportunities at lightning speed as well as connecting with your customers in real time. This is why an ERP solution in the cloud is inevitable.
Benefits of ERP solution in the cloud:
- Infrastructure costs – ERP in the cloud helps you lower your up-front costs by avoiding the high costs of acquiring and installing hardware and software. Costs associated with space are greatly reduced. You do not have to worry about all these costs, all you need is to get a vendor and just pay for the software and hardware you need when you need it. The deployment is also fast as everything is already in the cloud.
- Save on IT maintenance costs - The cloud helps you minimize your IT maintenance costs. This includes IT staff that spends a lot of time upgrading, patching, and doing mundane tasks in the process of maintaining your systems. With the cloud, the vendor does all the upgrading, patching, and other related maintenance. This means that your business is able to access sophisticated technology without the need of IT consultants on the payroll.
- Free up resources - This is in relation to resources dedicated to ensure that the various systems are functioning properly. The cloud helps your business to free up the time spent by your staff on mundane IT maintenance tasks and allows your staff to concentrate on core competencies of your business.
- Agility and speed - ERP in the cloud promotes speedy transactions in all the areas of your business. It ensures that the right information is a touch or a click away from your sales and marketing team, customers, and vendors. Decisions are made fast with real-time access to right information, upgrades are done in real-time, customers get quick feedback to their questions from anywhere, deals are closed faster, and communication is fast. ERP in the cloud thus increases the velocity of your business operations instantly with increased profitability.
- Scalability and flexibility – The cloud allows you to scale your resources as your business changes. You are basically in control of your business despite any changes that you face. If you expand your business, you will be able to extend various features to cater for additional aspects.
- Innovation – With ERP being offered in the cloud, innovation is accelerated by introducing new functionalities and capabilities in real-time. It is also easy to add new ways to collaborate and share information within and without your organization. Your business will be able to get real-time access to latest innovations without buying any software or hardware.
It is so important to tap into these benefits to realize increased ROI and value to your business. Cut down costs and promote flexibility of your business operations with the cloud. Any business of any size can share in the benefits of ERP in the cloud. Contact us to help you access Microsoft Dynamics ERP(GP and AX) in the cloud