And here’s the exciting part! Lean MFG can be used not only for Discrete Manufacturing, but also for:
- Batch/Formula Processing
- Multi-Product Processing (one MO with multiple outputs)
- Manufacturing with or without a Bill of Materials
Batch/Formula Processing allows specifying a finished good quantity (such as 300 gallons), and basing the component quantities relative to the batch quantity of 300 gallons. Such a recipe will often not work well with a Discrete-type Bill of Materials where the components must be specified in relation to a single unit of output. For example, the recipe might be for making a 300 gallon batch of “nutrition bar mix”, which produces several hundred or thousand bars. If the ingredients had to be specified on a per-bar basis the quantities would be too small to record accurately.
Multi-Product allows specifying multiple inputs and multiple outputs. This is often used in a process that has as its starting input a natural material, such as cow hide. Since natural materials are rarely a consistent size/weight/dimension/etc., the quantity or type of products that can be produced will vary based on the starting material.
Disassembly bills consume the top-level item (remove it from inventory) and produce into inventory the list of components.
The LeanMFG Module comes with a long list of benefits including:
- Ability to automatically print BOM or Routing attachments when the MO is printed
- A true Approved Vendors feature, which controls whether or not an Item can be purchased, and from which Vendor(s)
- An easy to use Serial/Lot Linking functionality
- A Where Used Inquiry window
- Smartlist objects for:
- Approved Vendors
- BOM Items and Headers
- Historical and Open MO’s
- Serial/Lot Links
- Item Engineering Data and MORE!!
Perhaps the most exciting part of this product is the price – just $3,000.00.
If you’d like to learn more about this impressive