Sign up now for a course on revenue recognition sponsored by the award winning company, Tensoft, a leader in cloud-based services and customized business solutions with clients throughout the U.S., Europe and Asia. The informative training course is online and will be taught by Jeffrey Werner, a Silicon Valley software revenue recognition expert with extensive knowledge in this field. The course will be taught over two days, showing you the most effective practices in revenue recognition. The course will include lessons on the general principles of revenue recognition, all the way up to multiple element arrangements, VSOE, cloud computing, and more! Past attendants -- including consultants as well as accounting and financial professionals -- have rated these sessions very highly.
In addition, take the course from the comfort and practicality of your own desk! The sessions will be broadcasted over the web, so no need to travel. Ask questions, post comments or just relax and update your knowledge on revenue recognition from wherever you desire.
Don’t miss out on your chance to learn all you need to know on how to conduct efficient software revenue recognition in the constantly changing regulatory environment.
Session One – Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 9:00 AM - 12:30 PM Pacific Time:
- Introduction and Agenda
- General Principles of Revenue Recognition
- Multiple Element Arrangements
- VSOE (Vendor Specific Objective Evidence)
- Software Revenue Recognition (Residual Method)
- Services and Contract Accounting
Session Two – Thursday, June 13, 2013, 9:00 AM - 12:30 PM Pacific Time:
- Review of General Principles and Multiple Element Arrangements
- EITF 08-1 Multiple Element Arrangements (Relative Selling Price Method)
- EITF 09-3 Certain Revenue Arrangements that Include Software Elements
- Cloud Computing/SaaS (Software as a Service)
- FASB / IASB Revenue Project
- Other Revenue Recognition Issues
- Software License, Support and Services Issues
• Review the general principles of revenue recognition
• Learn about the residual method and relative selling price method; when each method is appropriate and how to apply them
• Discover the most current regulatory issues for revenue recognition
• What to expect in the near future
Q&A: Attendees will be able to ask questions via the Q&A panel. Questions will be answered on a regular, frequent basis.
CPE Credits: CPE certificates of completion will be emailed to attendees who remain logged in for a minimum of 50 minutes for each 60 minutes of content, and who answer the online polling questions. Both classes are eligible for a total of 7 CPE credits.
About the Sponsor: Tensoft provides software applications to manage industry-specific business processes for the semiconductor, technology and software industries. Tensoft's business-ready solutions extend broad, horizontal ERP functionality to complete the most vertically demanding, high tech needs through critically relevant content, domain expertise, embedded best-practices and performance analytics. For over 15 years, technology companies worldwide have relied on Tensoft software and cloud-based services to power and improve their operations. Tensoft is an award-winning, applications company headquartered in Silicon Valley with sales and support offices throughout the U.S., Europe and Asia
Dates: 6/11/13 & 6/13/13
Start: 9:00 AM PDT
End: 12:30 PM PDT
Length: 3.5 hrs./day
Prerequisites: General Accounting Background
Program Level: Beginner-Intermediate
Delivery Method: Group-Internet
Preparation Needed: None
Refunds: Refunds requested 15 days or more in advance of the class date will be refunded in full, minus a $25 processing fee. Refunds requested 7-14 days in advance will be made for 50% of the full amount paid. No refund will be made if the request is less than 7 days in advance of the class.
Contact Information: For more information regarding the event, including complaint and program cancellation policies, please contact our offices at: 888.450.4030 x 406 or
by Tensoft, Inc.