Are you tired of manually entering long and lengthy journal entries? Great news: now you don’t have to!
There is a simple-to-use new add-in tool and it’s FREE!
This add-in tool allows for a basic cut/paste operation of GL Journal Entries originating in Excel to the GL-Transaction Entry window. Here’s how to do it:
- Create a spreadsheet with 4 columns: Account Number, Debit, Credit, Distribution Reference. (as seen below)
- Copy the data from the Excel spreadsheet. You will not need to copy the column headers, just the data below it.
- Open the transaction entry window.
- Select Additional> Past from Excel or Ctrl+f. You will still need to enter the top portion: Batch ID, Date and Reference
- Save or Post when you’re done
For more questions on this add-in tool contact Crestwood Support or call 847-394-8820 x7!
By Shelly Ann Rugnone, Support Analyst,