Data is the life-blood of your business. Just having that data is not enough though; it is only worth something if you can use it. I’ve always found that there is a dichotomy when it comes to business data: the constant push and pull between having your data be completely secure and having it be free enough to be an effective tool for reporting, analysis, making key decisions.
One of the most critical places to make sure you have a good balance of data security and data freedom is in your ERP software.
- Control access to data throughout Microsoft Dynamics GP by managing security restrictions on individual data fields, windows, and forms.
- Enhance security and account views by allowing users to enter, edit, and view information from a reduced account set, based on the access granted for General Ledger accounts on a per-user basis.
- Analyze transactions across your entire organization with smooth integration across modules in Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- Classify, report, and analyze financial transactions based upon your specific business needs with wizard driven inquiries that integrate with Microsoft® Office Excel® and Microsoft Dynamics® GP SmartLists.
- Management Reporter for Microsoft Dynamics GP is a powerful Corporate Performance Management (CPM) solution that provides real-time financial reporting to help you achieve greater visibility across your organization.
- Over 250 reports are available “out-of-the-box” in Dynamics GP and additional reports are easily created.
- Microsoft Business Portal integrates smoothly with Microsoft Dynamics GP to deliver applications, information, and processes to your employees, customers, and partners across the organization, so they can make smart decisions and do their jobs more efficiently.
- Microsoft Dynamics GP Analysis Cubes for Excel is an Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) tool that takes data from Dynamics GP and places it in an SQL Server-based data warehouse for use with SQL Server Analysis Services. A multidimensional or OLAP cube not only optimizes the structure of the data to improve reporting, it can pre-calculate and aggregate information to make reporting even more powerful.
A New England correctional facility discovered the benefits of the combined power of data security and data freedom in Microsoft Dynamics GP. You can read their story in the whitepaper, “25 Brilliant Ideas to Outsmart Your Competition with Microsoft Dynamics® ERP.”
By Socius, a Microsoft Dynamics GP ERP Partner in Ohio