NAV 2013 contains exciting new features and enhancements that extend the value of Microsoft Dynamics NAV throughout the organization by making more users more productive.
MICROSOFT DYNAMICS NAV WEB CLIENT
A key feature in Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 is the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Portal Framework (NPF).
NPF enables closer interoperability with Microsoft SharePoint 2010 and gives partners a powerful way to take advantage of the business productivity benefits in Microsoft SharePoint – such as enabling partners to provide increased collaboration by using SharePoint search and workflows– with the rich data and innovative functionality in Dynamics NAV. NPF provides functionality similar to the Dynamics NAV Web Client with additional integration capabilities with SharePoint. With NPF, partners are also able to build portals, connect web parts and customize NAV for Microsoft SharePoint access in an easier way.
BUILDING PORTALS WITH NPF AND MICROSOFT SHAREPOINT 2010
Customers who already have Microsoft SharePoint 2010 installed can set up web sites as they wish to share NAV data and information, such as pages and reports, with more people inside and outside the company. Partners can use the familiar Microsoft SharePoint functionality to build and customize powerful SharePoint sites with NAV functionality and according to the needs of their customers.
CONNECTING WEB PARTS WITH NPF AND MICROSOFT SHAREPOINT 2010
Microsoft Dynamics NAV Portal Framework for Microsoft SharePoint 2010 makes it easy to set up and connect web parts in SharePoint showing NAV pages and data, leveraging existing SharePoint investments in branding, themeing and advanced SharePoint customizations. Among other things, it’s possible to:
- Display Microsoft Dynamics NAV pages and reports on SharePoint sites using a URL.
- Add a page by using a Microsoft Dynamics NAV Web Part and connect the Web Part to other Web Parts on a SharePoint page.
- Edit data on pages in web applications and update the changes in the Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 database by using the same metadata and business logic that is rendered in the RoleTailored client without complex setup steps.
- Display a Microsoft Dynamics NAV page in a Web Part on a SharePoint Site
- Connect a Microsoft Dynamics NAV Web Part to other Web Parts.
- Edit Microsoft Dynamics NAV pages on a SharePoint site. Changes are updated in the Microsoft Dynamics NAV database by using the same metadata and business logic that is rendered in the RoleTailored client without complex setup steps.
Posted by iCepts Technology Group-