Are you sitting on the fence about whether your company should move your
Businesses like yours demand flexibility, security, and scalability. The cloud provides all of that—and better yet, it is very affordable. Here are the top 10 reasons why you should consider moving your ERP to the cloud:
- Smaller Initial Investment – Services are provided on a subscription, pay-as-you-go basis which means that implementing a cloud based ERP system can greatly reduce the initial capital costs of investing in an ERP system. Many vendors also may provide a guarantee that they will not increase fees if you continue using the system once the term has expired.
- Faster Implementation – Cloud ERP solutions are managed and hosted by the vendor therefore you do not need to set up or install any hardware or software.
- No Server Maintenance Costs – You no longer have to manage your own hardware and software. This opens up office space, eliminates maintenance costs, and reduces electricity use.
- Superior Integration With Other Systems – The cloud was purposefully designed for easy interoperability, which adds the option for current or future usage of additional products.
- Greater Accessibility in a Dispersed Environment – Any authorized user can access your ERP through the cloud via any internet connection. This makes information sharing with remote staff in other locations a breeze.
- Data Back-Ups – As opposed to the horrible risk of crashing your in-house server(s) and losing data, third-party hosted ERP clouds have redundancy. That means that your data is copied to at least two locations, so if one fails you still haven’t lost anything.
- Better Focus On Your Core Business – You eliminate time wasted from maintaining an in-house server so you can focus on growing your business.
- Smaller Staff Required – Let’s face it: IT staff can be expensive. With the cloud, you don’t need to have IT staff managing your server, so current staff can focus on more pressing projects.
- Environmentally Friendly – Since you can access the data through mobile devices, there’s no need to bring printouts with you when you travel.
- Constant Updates – Hosted cloud ERP systems are regularly updated, and with the new functionality users will become more productive and you don’t need to mess with the upgrades.
If you are considering what the cloud can do for you and are interested in trying it, you can access a free 30-day trial of Microsoft Dynamics ERP tools
Roger Borek, Borek Business Solutions, Microsoft Dynamics GP Partner, Oregon, Pacific Northwest