- Check the weather and pack appropriately. Average temperatures in New Orleans in March are highs in the mid 70's and lows in the mid 50's. Keep in mind the humidity. You might want to bring something to tame down that natural curl.
- Enjoy a seamless trip through security by making sure you get to the airport in plenty of time. When going through security be sure to have your documents easily accessible, empty your pockets, separate your laptop from your bag, and make sure liquids are in containers of 3 oz. or less and that they all fit into a single quart-size, clear plastic, zip top bag. I know this is not a new rule, but every time I fly someone always seems surprised by it. Also don’t forget a pair of socks if you are wearing heels, flats, etc.; you don’t want to have to walk barefoot through security!
- Relax for your flight but stay hydrated and listen to your cabin crew. And please, use electronic devices appropriately. SongPop and Words with Friends will still be there when you land rather than being escorted off of the plane. Remember, you want to make it to the conference.
- To easily find your bag at baggage claim try using a ribbon around the handle or using unique luggage tags.
- While attending Convergence get the most out of everything it has to offer, but plan your day. Know what you want to do and when. Pace yourself, you don't want to overdo it your first day. Most importantly, wear comfortable shoes.
- Mingle when you are at the conference. Make some new friends and new contacts. Don’t forget to stop by the Rockton Software's (www.rocktonsoftware.com) Booth #1851 to say hi! When going to evening events though, know your limits when it comes to food and drinks. The southern food is delicious but don't over indulge. Beignets may be good but too many will just give you a tummy ache. Know your drink limit as well. We all know what a little too much alcohol can do to a person. This isn't Vegas . . . so I can't guarantee what happens in New Orleans stays in New Orleans.
I hope you have a great Convergence, and you are able to implement some of my tips! I will be at Rockton’s Booth #1851 during Expo hours, and I would love to be able to make a new contact, show you a
Written By Rhonda Sutliff, Product Specialist at