Mobile strategies are beginning to take form in the small-to-medium business ERP space. While mobile devices like laptops, PDAs, and tablets made it possible to work on the road, now workers can use their ERP applications on their mobile devices to take advantage of business capabilities and insights.
These mobile ERP applications allow companies to benefit from improved quality of service, greater productivity, deeper business relationships, competitive advantage, and more accurate data capture:
- Improved Quality of Service - Mobile ERP systems allow employees to improve quality of service to customers by giving them access to relevant information.
- Greater Productivity - Many mobile workers waste much time driving in cars or sitting in airports. Mobile ERP helps these workers use that time productively. All mobile workers have tools, materials and information to eliminate downtime.
- Deeper Business Relationships - Having information at their fingertips helps mobile workers deepen business relationships and response times.
- Competitive Advantage - The ability to deliver real-time information on-the-spot to accounts helps organizations improve their competitive advantage.
- More Accurate Data Capture - Mobile ERP software makes it easy for workers to enter all relevant data accurately as they gather it in the field without re-keying the data into back end systems (potentially making errors along the way).
Today, ERP leaders like Microsoft have started to develop mobile applications for reporting and dash-boarding to systems like
With mobile ERP, your mobile workers can take advantage of the functionality, data, and benefits of their ERP application not only in the office—but also on the road. Mobility will only become more and more prevalent in the workplace and organizations should choose a system that can scale with their business and also have the capability and flexibility to integrate with new technology solutions.
By Roger Borek, Borek Business Solutions, an