Microsoft and McGraw-Hill Construction teamed up to present a one-hour webinar entitled State of the AEC Industry - reviewing the state of the U.S. construction industry today. Mr. Stephen Jones, Sr. Director of McGraw-Hill Construction, explored key industry metrics all AEC (Architectural, Engineering and Construction) firms should track to better understand market direction. Key metrics covered include:
- An indicator of the overall economy, residential construction is forecasted to lift by 19% in 2011
- The U.S. construction market is headed towards a U-shape recovery
- Although commercial funds are loosening, government funded projects are tightening
- The positive impact of the Stimulus Act is starting to abate
- Commercial funds are starting to loosen
- Manufacturing is showing strong spots
- Construction firms are looking to grow overseas
- And More.
To learn more,
Mr. Jones summarized that now is the time to evaluate collaboration and infrastructure within your construction firm. Microsoft provides a suite of business applications for the AEC market called Microsoft Dynamics. SBS Group, a Microsoft Dynamics Gold partner focusing on the construction industry, can assist you with evaluating your collaboration and infrastructure business needs.
SBS Group is hosting a construction webinar focusing on contract management in Microsoft Dynamics SL on June 23rd. For more information,