Nearly everyone uses the Internet to research new purchases from shoes to business software. I have found that half of our new customers in 2010 contacted CIS through one of our blog sites or our website. This is the primary reason we added the
Completing quick quotes, researching software and providers is a good start in getting a good idea of your investment in a new system. Keep in mind that depending on your industry and business requirements, this research should be only a start. Finding the right software provider or reseller to assist you in a final software selection has not been replaced by the Internet. There is nothing like a personal connection and discussing business requirements with an experienced software vendor like CIS and me of course!
With this said, I think it is important to explain my sales process. I think this is important to explain to new prospects too so that they understand that there is a valid process to selling them a
- Is your business in an industry that we are familiar with and have customers happily using the software?
- Do you have a business need and reasons to replace your current solution?
- Do you have a budget in mind?
- What is your timeframe?
Discovery (understanding your business needs)
- Meeting to discuss your business issues and pains. What are your long term goals?
- Development of the solution; Dynamics GP, any ISV products, scope of the project
- Budgetary proposal
- Product demonstration with your management team
- Review solution to ensure it is still on target for your business needs
- Determine deployment options and preferences (cloud, hosted, on-premise)
- Final quote
- Reference Checks
- You write the deposit check or we setup financing
It is a good idea to complete quick quote forms, complete vendor and software research too. However, once you have picked a couple of software packages you like, then you also need to find a good reseller or provider to help you finish the evaluation.
If you care to comment on the information above or have any questions please feel free to contact me at [email protected].
by Custom Information Services, A