When it comes to enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, one size does NOT fit all. A midsize professional services firm with one location has significantly different ERP requirements than a larger multi-site, multi-continent manufacturer. Some companies require greater scalability and customization, while others can achieve considerable gains with a simpler, yet powerful out-of-a-box solution, at lower cost and quicker deployment.
Microsoft designed its suite of four Dynamics ERP products – AX, GP, NAV, and SL – with these differences in mind. So, how do you determine which Dynamics solution best fits your company?
Here are some high-level distinctions between the four Microsoft Dynamics products, with the size and types of businesses they’re best suited for. See where your company fits.
- For midsize and larger companies
- Integrates systems across multiple sites, entities, countries, currencies and languages
- Global in reach, yet adaptable to meet the unique functionality, usability compliance requirements for each department or location
- For growing and midsize organizations
- Robust out-of-the-box functionality for accounting, e-commerce and manufacturing
- Requires little customization and shorter deployment time
- Lower-cost solution
- For midsize organizations
- Built-in industry-specific functionality, even for the most highly specialized markets and business processes
- Easier configuration leads to shorter deployment time
- Available in more than 40 country and language versions
- For project-driven mid-sized organizations, including professional services, government contractors, field services, and construction management companies
- Focuses on seamlessly integrating project management and accounting processes
Which scenario reflects your company’s ERP requirements?
These are big-picture distinctions to give you an initial feel for where your company might fit. For a more detailed analysis of your ERP requirements and recommendation of which Dynamics product is most suitable for your firm, contact
Byline: Enterprise Resources Technology Group, Inc. (ERT Group) is a technology consulting firm that empowers companies to grow and succeed with business solutions that streamline processes, improve productivity, and squeeze more profit from operations. ERT Group is a