A health food client of ours knows that offering low calorie, high fiber, and low fat breads should be a no-brainer for their consumers. But making an imprint on their niche market of health foods was harder than they expected.
They were using MAS90 for their production and financial solution and struggling to meet the demands of their niche market. Since they provide their bakery product to grocers around the U.S., they also needed insight into promotions and coupons for their product.
Their MAS90 solution had no functionality for food manufacturing and production tracking, so they were unable to show consumption of raw material usage and had no insight into their inventory. Being a food manufacturer and distributor, they needed a good handle on dates and inventory to comply with FDA regulations and provide the freshest product possible to their consumers, in order to ensure buyer loyalty and growth of their health food production.
They also did not have integrated electronic data interchange (EDI). Someone on their staff would have to pull in EDI orders, log in to a spreadsheet, and then finally key into the system. This duplicate and manual data entry allowed for inaccurate and untimely data that they just couldn’t rely on.
Frustrated with these manual transactions, limitations in promotional insight, and production inflexibility, our client started looking for a
1. Inventory Management: Microsoft Dynamics GP and Horizons Manufacturing work together to give our client full insight into costing and tracking of their inventory. They have a complete handle on dates to ensure fresh product gets delivered.
2. EDI Integration: Microsoft Dynamics GP is able to integrate with EDI, giving real time tracking of raw materials and EDI information. This saves our client time, reduces workload, and ensures the right materials get to the right place on time.
3. Promotion Management: With the flexibility of Microsoft Dynamics GP, our client is able to implement a custom third party application that allows them to track promotions with their customers so they can view and manage total cost of promotions. Since they sell to places such as Wal-Mart and Kroger’s, they have many promotions going on at the same time. Coupons get charged back to them and they didn’t have a good handle on the total cost of what their promotions cost them as well as what it brought in. Now they have full insight into this information, allowing for more promotions that are driving greater interest in their product.
4. Advanced Commissions Management: Our client pays commission to their field representatives and they did not have a system in place that could accurately and easily track this. Now they are at ease since
5. Unique Reporting Needs- Our client recently went into partnership with a holding company that manages other health food companies. Microsoft Dynamics GP is able to produce the reporting that the holding company requires. Because Microsoft Dynamics GP is so flexible, their holding company can standardize payroll and pull the unique reports required to stay on track.
Whether you’re in a niche market, or just trying to streamline your production and promotional needs, Microsoft Dynamics GP may be able to help.