All of you avid FRx users should now be aware that as of January 1, 2011 FRx will be retired and Management Reporter will take its place. What does this mean for you? You can still run your existing FRx reports, but now you will also have access to enhanced functionality. You will also recognize the familiar features in Management Reporter and be able to use it with no learning curve required.
The familiar concepts like row definitions, column definitions, and reporting trees are still there, and it will run your existing FRx reports. Additionally, Management Reporter is an enhancement to FRx 6.7 – see a list of enhancements below:
- New Code Base and Architecture with 64-bit Support – built using 64-bit environments so your IT department won’t need to maintain a separate machine just for Management Reporter as they might do for FRx.
- Enhanced Stability – it utilizes Microsoft .NET Platform and a new C# codebase to provide superior application stability.
- Improved Performance – processes takes place on the server, not the client. This frees up the client to continue designing reports instead of locking it up until the report has finished generating.
- SQL Server – Management Reporter uses SQL Server for data storage, where FRx used Microsoft Access for data storage. You can expect an increase in performance, stability and multi-user capabilities.
- Improved Multi-user Environment – with the switch to IIS and SQL Server, there is no need to create shares for the SysData and IO_Data folders. All of the building blocks, company information and generated reports are in the SQL database. Administrators can see all the reports that are being generated at any given time because all processing is done on the server.
Not using FRx? With the enhancements and reporting features available in Management Reporter – it is a great time to evaluate this solution. Management Reporter provides you real-time financial reporting using enhanced XBRL capabilities to get updated instance documents. Some of the key benefits include:
- Build custom reports based on GL data – slice general ledger information into Rows, columns, or hierarchies and get the actionable information you need using flexible page design and the ability to add company logos.
- Safeguard financial data – tailor security settings for reports so that only people with appropriate permissions can access sensitive business information.
- Enhance collaboration and sharing – improve communication across your organization by distributing reports using multiple formats, distribution techniques, and document bundling to help people access the information they need quickly and conveniently.
For more information on Management Reporter for Microsoft Dynamics GP, contact SBS Group at [email protected] or 732.476.5909.
By: SBS Group –