After spending money and time on implementing new ERP software, like
SLAs offer you 5 major benefits.
1. Avoid Downtime - Just like running a vehicle, the better care you take of your system, the better chance that everything will continue to run smoothly. If you can identify and address potential issues before they happen, you can mitigate downtime. Many SLAs offer you monitoring and reporting on important issues like site security, site health and website monitoring to name a few. Options, such as emailed reports on critical key indicators, and daily, weekly, and monthly health checks are also available. By tracking successful backups, operating logs, anti-virus updates and general operating maintenance, you get the information you need to help ensure that your technology system and your finance software are running at their peak levels.
2. Plan and Budget for Future IT investments - Because you are monitoring how your infrastructure is performing, you can plan ahead for replacement hardware and software. This means you will be able to make the necessary infrastructure plans for hardware changeovers and secure any capital that may be needed before the situation becomes dire.
3. Provide Enhanced Security Capabilities – IT is becoming increasingly regulated by government compliance . SLAs, coupled with your accounting software, can provide you the information you need for Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) Reporting and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) compliance.
4. Measure Business Productivity – By monitoring all your hardware, you will know how devices are performing, which devices can add more functionality to ensure the best use and which devices may need to be retired because they are no longer performing at a desired level.
5. Make the most of your IT Professionals - SLAs neatly provide you with the information you need to make IT decisions without having to dedicate employees’ time to research.
To learn more about Service Level Agreements contact Encore Business Solutions.