No doubt that QuickBooks has become one of the most popular accounting system solutions for small business. This software can be used to monitor expenses, create invoices, generate simple reports, and manage inventory, customers, vendors, and employees. Whereas this software offers an excellent entry-level alternative, the database starts to slow down dramatically when your organization begins to grow and there is an increase in the volume of transactions and master record lists.
How can you determine that QuickBooks no longer meets your business needs?
- Your business data file size reaches 30MB about over 32,000 transactions
- Users start to notice that navigation through the menus and screens is slower
- Reports take a significant amount of time to load and print
- Performance issues are also noted when adding new employee, vendors, or customers
The good news here is that if you have reached this point, it means that your business is growing. Thus, you may need to start looking for more options to meet your company’s current functions and requirements. A lot of businesses that have outgrown QuickBooks migrate to
A study performed by the
The list below highlights some of the functionality that Microsoft Dynamics GP will bring to your business over QuickBooks:
- Manage multiple departments and companies, offering the option to split a bill among several companies or departments or else create a Profit and Loss or Balance Sheet for each entity as well as a consolidated view.
- Maintain multiple years of history with almost no impact on day-to-day system performance
- Structure your Chart of Account in a way that is meaningful to your business, including multiple segments that give you visibility into the performance of different departments or organizational structures within your company
- Enhance inventory management that will help you decrease your costs and deliver quickly, including the LIFO and FIFO perpetual costing methods that many growing companies need in addition to Average Costing available in QuickBooks
- Add additional reporting tools for fast and informed decisions, with more than 700 standard reports included compared to QuickBooks that only offers about 112 standard reports
Microsoft Dynamics GP uses the right technology to grow with your business and is designed to seamlessly scale from one user to hundreds or thousands of users. Also, Microsoft Dynamics GP’s interface will look familiar to those currently utilizing Microsoft products and includes flawless integrations with Office Outlook, Word, and Excel as well as other products and third party solutions on the market.
Article written by Andrea Garay, Senior Consultant – ERT Group
If you’re looking for specific