By Marcia Nita Doron, Altico Advisors
Selecting new ERP/accounting software to run your business is a big decision and can be a daunting task. To help you successfully navigate a software selection initiative,
This is Part I of a 3-part series entitled “The 3 Ps of Software Selection – The Process, the Pitfalls, the Promise.” Part I is a high level view of the basic questions you need to be asking and the basic elements you need to budget for as you work through the
SOME of the questions you should be asking
– Do I need to work with a
– How much internal staff time will be required?
– What are my 3-5 year corporate goals?
– Do I have an overall vision of my technology requirements across the entire enterprise?
– How will I define a successful implementation?
– Can I quantify the ROI of a new system?
– Have I documented our processes and requirements across all departments?
– Is new technology going to
– Have I obtained executive and end user buy in?
– Have I budgeted adequately?
Basic budget elements for a new software system
– Business process planning and needs analysis
– Out of scope incidentals
Here’s a great software selection aid that you can download called a