What would you consider a successful implementation? After many years
Adversely, most of the companies consider this part of an implementation process as a waste of time and money. But experience tells us that when you invest in the preparation, discussions and documentation of your day-to-day operating model, your company ends up saving a lot of headaches from having less system rework that can further increase the cost and duration of the project.
How can the Due Diligence help your organization save money and have a successful ERP system implementation?
After a lot of planning, thinking, and evaluating demos and proof of concepts to decide on which ERP system to choose from, it is important that both teams (Partner and client) fully understand the scope of the project. It will basically be an exchange of valuable information because your partner is the expert on the
After this “discovery” phase is completed, both teams will have decisions made that will enable them to work on the next steps of the process knowing which path needs to be taken.
Here are some ideas to get the most benefits out of your due diligence process:
- Document the company current operating model. Draft current and future workflow
- Make an assessment of your current system functionality and highlight the good and the bad of each item
- Have the due diligence breakdown into different sessions by subject matter
- Involve your key employees (future end-users of the new system) on the due diligence discussions that will ensure that everyone’s needs and requirements are on the table
- Encourage employees who will be part of the due diligence to research on the new system; may be provide them with demos
- Make emphasis to your partner to document all discussions during due diligence for review and signoff before next step takes process.
To learn more about how your implementation process can be successful, contact
By ERT Group –